The additional detailed link for customers transfers much more information about your customers from Tigerpaw to QuickBooks. This transfer program was written using QuickBooks 2005 Pro. It should work with prior versions, but has not been tested. If you are using an earlier version, please test with one or two customers before fully implementing.
- As usual, on the Tigerpaw Accounts Receivable Information screen (the Green Lampshade), for a customer to be transferred to QuickBooks, both the ‘A/R Customer #:’ must be filled in, and the ‘Export Customer Information to Accounting:’ checkbox, must be checked. If either one of these fields is blank, the customer will not be transferred. *
- The TP A/R Customer # becomes the QB Customer Name, while the TP Account Name becomes the QB Company Name. The A/R Customer # MUST EXACTLY match the QB Customer Name. Entries that do not match will create new customers in QB â€“ these can be merged in QB after correcting the TP AR Customer # to prevent future occurrences.
- In the Accounting Configuration screen, you have the option of having the AR Customer # automatically populated for new accounts. The selections are The Account Name, the Account ID (manual field), or the Account Number (TP generated sequential number), or None. By selecting None, the account will not be transferred to QuickBooks, and invoices cannot be posted. This can be used to control which accounts are moved into QuickBooks.
- If you use a TP Bill-To address for this Account, and mark it as Primary, then that address will be transferred to QB as the Bill-To address. Otherwise, the Account’s address is transferred as the QB Bill-To address. The Account’s address is transferred to QB as the Ship-To address. Unlike previous versions, if you use a four line address in Tigerpaw, all four lines will be transferred intact.
- If you mark a TP Contact as Primary, then the Contact’s Name and email address will be transferred, including the Prefix, First Name Middle Initial, and Last Name.
- The following items are also transferred: Primary Phone Number, Primary Fax number, Default Invoice Terms, and your Primary Rep’s ‘Accounting Link Sales Rep ID’ from the Manager tab is transferred.
* NOTE: WTS can provide on request a free simple SQL statement that will turn on the ‘Export Customer Information to Accounting:’ checkbox for either all Accounts or a selected Account Type, such as Customer. By using this statement, and running a customer export, the current information will be transferred.